Sunday, July 25, 2010

The top 3 things that 2 year old boys are NOT qualified to do

1. Pick out their own clothes. BOY O BOY is my little guy colorful!! He still thinks that underwear are hats. And shirts can be pants, too. We won't even get into matching!

2. Pour their own glass of milk. Seriously. A gallon of milk is TOO heavy for my little guy. We didn't even get to the pouring part, he dropped the whole gallon on the floor where it exploded. Fun stuff...

3. A 2 year old boy is NOT the ideal helper for picking out birthday cards for Grandma. I bought Aunt Stephie's cards by myself, and had AJ color them. But today, Daddy was taking a nap, so I took AJ with me to the store to buy cards for Grandma.

It took me 5 minutes to get past the candy aisle, then another 10 to get past the junky toys, and we finally made it to the card aisle. He runs to the first card he sees, and INSISTS that this is the card for Grandma! THIS ONE, THIS ONE. (no matter that it was a sorry you lost your job card, it had a cartoon dog on it, that's ALL that mattered.) THIS ONE, THIS ONE!!!!! It took me 2 minutes to wrestle the card away (while trying not to rip it) and 10 MORE minutes to calm him down enough to continue our card search.

35 minutes later, he decided he would like to get the musical card that played the theme to the Adams family. Okay, whatever, not the one I would pick out, but it's his card to HIS Grandma, whatever floats your boat.

Fast forward one hour, we go BACK to the store to buy another "adams family" card because AJ doesn't want to COLOR on his card (not CARD FOR GRANMA, MY CARD, MY CARD, AJ CARD)...

(hope Grandma recognized the SKATEBOARD AJ drew on the card for her, and LOVES the cards he picked out!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Grandma would have been somewhat confused and greatly amused by sorry you lost your job. That would mean I don't have to wash dishes or do laundry anymore!!

    ReplyDelete